Friday, July 9, 2010

English conversations --Laundry Clothes


This tutorial English conversations -- Laundry clothes has been prepared from my well known book English conversations for all occasions, which I wrote for Indian students to improve everyday conversations

English conversations -- Laundry clothes
Mrs. Ganapati , the neighbor of Mrs. Verma has come visiting. Mrs.Verma is busy doing
Laundry clothes and enlists Mrs. Ganapati’s help.

Laundry clothes

Mrs.Ganapati (Knocks at the door.) Anyone in?
Mrs. Verma (opening the door) Good morning Mrs.Ganapati, How nice to see you!
Mrs. Ganapati Hello, I thought I’d drop in and lend you a hand with settling down.
Mrs. Verma That is very kind of you. Do step inside.

Mrs.Ganapati What were you doing when I came in? Please do not let me interrupt your work.
Mrs.Verma I’ve finished cleaning the whole house. I had just gone in to finish with the Laundry clothes.
Mrs. Ganapati Let me help you with the Laundry clothes and then we can have a look around your house.
Mrs.Verma I usually do all my Laundry on Mondays.

Liquid detergent / Detergent soap

Mrs. Ganapati   What Liquid detergent do you use for you top loading washing machine?
Mrs. Verma  I prefer to buy a locally made detergent soap. In my experience it is as effective as any of the expensive brands and much cheaper too.
Mrs.Ganapati  Do you also starch and iron fabrics yourself?
Mrs.Verma   I give the bigger clothes like bed sheets and towels to the dhobi(Washer man). Shirts, under clothes and saris, I wash, starch and steam press at home.
Mrs.Ganapati   Here let me help you wring out the clothes which you rinse out. Then I will also hang them up to dry on the line outside.
Mrs. Verma   Thanks a million. I apologize for putting you to clothes washing work instead of entertaining you

top loading washing machine

Mrs.Ganapati No need to apologize. We all have to do our own work.
Mrs.Verma How do you wash your woolens and black nylons?

Mrs. Ganapati I wash the woolens very rarely. The black nylons are very easy to wash and I prefer having synthetic drip dry clothes. They wear well and last for longer period. They are very easy to keep and look fresh.
Mrs.Verma I am saving up from my housekeeping in order to buy a top loading washing machine
Mrs.Ganapati My neighbor in Bangalore has one top loading washing machine, she tells me that the electricity nearly always goes off, just when she wants to wash her clothes.

Mrs.Verma With so much of the laundry having to be done at home, it would be more convenient to have a separate laundry room with a large tub and a big sink.. The top loading washing machine can also be installed here.

Mrs. Ganapati Yes, that would be very much easier. One could string out the clothes for drying also in the laundry room. It would be a great boon during the rainy season.
Mrs.Verma Well, the washing for this week is done at last. Let us sit down and have a cup of coffee.


No comments: