Wednesday, June 9, 2010

English conversations - Beauty styling


 

This tutorial English conversations- beauty styling has been prepared from my well known book English conversation for all occasions, which I wrote for Indian students to improve everyday conversation..
English conversations - Beauty styling
Reena has to go to bonus party of her company and she decides to have her hair done up at beauty parlour. She telephones Susan’s best hair stylistin the city
Mrs.Verma Do you have a day off to-day, Reena?
Reena Yes mamma. I am going to bonus party of her company this evening with Ranjan. I think I’ll have my hair set to-day at best hair stylist in the city.
Mrs.Verma Yes. I think you do need to have your hair trimming as well ,at the best hair stylist.
Renna (Telephoning the best hair stylist. Hello, is that Susan’s best hair stylist ? Good morning. I want to make an appointment for a trims, spray shampoo and set, please.
Best hair stylist: Receptionist: All right, Madam. Would you like to have your hair trimmed by the beautician Lucy ?
Reena: Is the beautician: Lucy free at 11o’clock? Yes she is free. The beautician Lucy will do your hair trim.
Best hair stylist: Receptionist: Yes, Madam. I’ll put you down for 11o’clock. What name did you say it was?

Best hair stylist reception

Reena, Reena Verma
Best hair stylist Receptionist: Right, Madam. We’ll expect you at 11o’clock this morning for your hair trim.
Reena leaves the house and takes her new hair spray with her. She arrives at Susan’s Best hair stylist
Reena (To the receptionist). Excuse me, I have an appointment for a hair trim, spray shampoo and set.
Best hair stylistReceptionist Good morning. Your name please?
Reena, Reena Verma.
Receptionist That’s right. We have put you down in our appointment book. Please take a seat for a moment, I’ll ring for the beautician Lucy.
The receptionist calls the beautician Lucy.
Lucy Hello, Reena. Nice to see you after a long time. Where have you been?
Reena I’ve been busy at the company office. Lucy first please trim my hair a bit. They have grown very shabby and the ends are splitting.
Beautician Lucy Come along.(Reena sits before the mirror). Would you like to have a short cut?
Reena No. I’d like to leave my hair long. Just cut off the ends which are splitting and shape the hair at the back a bit.
Lucy All right. You have such lovely straight hair. Long hair cut is in vogue these days. Your hair is soft and doesn’t fluff out. Just the right kind of hair to suit the current fashion trend. There that’s done. Now the shampoo boy will give you a shampoo.

Rollers and Curlers


The shampoo boy leads Reena to the sink and washes her hair out and wraps her
head in towel and brings her back to the beautician Lucy.
Reena It is so much easier to have one’s professional hair shampoo. It takes me so long to wash my hair at home.
Lucy I’ll have to use the big rollers on your hair. Do you want the ends turned out or turned in?
Reena Turned inwards, please.

Lucy Now I’ll put you under the dryer for forty-five minutes. Here are some magazines. If it gets too hot, just pull at this plug and the air will cool off. Are you comfortable? Would you like some coffee or tea?
Reena No, thank you. Can I take these ear covers off?
Lucy I think it is better that you keep them on. Or else, the hot air will burn your ears.
After forty-five minutes, Lucy takes Reena out from under
the dryer and takes out the pins and rollers.

Reena Did you apply a setting lotion?
Lucy No. Your hair doesn’t require it. Would you like a lot of back combing?

Reena No. Please don’t back-comb my hair at all. My hair fall when I comb them out later.
Lucy I’ll have to do a little bit of back coming anyway to style it. But only a little bit. This much won’t hurt you hair. A little back-combing is essential for soft hair like yours to give them some “body”. See that’s done. (holding a mirror behind Reena’s head) Do you like it?
Reena That’s lovely. Thank you.I wish to get beauty facial done,

 

Beauty facial



Lucy Good.Would you like a pedicure or a manicure also? Nail beauty is very important for you. We also have arrangements for hair waxing.
29 29 29 29 29 29 29 29 29 29 29
Reena No, thank you. Not to-day. (Reena puts tip of Rs.50 on the table). Bye Bye, Lucy. See you next time Nail beauty and hair waxing.
Reena pays for the work done on her and walks out of the Best hair stylist .

pedicure or a manicure

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: