Wednesday, May 19, 2010

English conversations - Doctors 24 hour Clinic









This tutorial English conversation - Doctors  24 hour Clinic has been prepared from my well known bookEnglish conversation for all occasions, which I wrote for Indian students to improve everyday conversation..


English conversation  / Doctors 24 hour Clinic
Vikram has had a bad fall. Mrs.Verma takes him to emergency ward of Doctors 24 hour Clinic

24 hour Clinic Receptionist : Good morning, Madam


Patients waiting to make appointment
Mrs.Verma : Can I see Dr.Raman? My son his hurt his knee. 

24 hour Clinic Receptionist: Did you make medical appointment, Madam?

Mrs.Verma : No. But then I hadn’t expected my son to have a fall and hurt himself. I couldn’t make medical appointment for child accident, could I have? But I must have the child’s knee treatment and dressing done urgently. 

24 hour Clinic Receptionist: Don’t get excited, Madam. The doctor does attend to emergencies, though normally the doctor is so busy that he can only see patients who have made prior medical appointment,

.Mrs.Verma: Then what shall I do? Shall I go to urgent care hospital?                                                                      
24 hour Clinic Receptionist: Please wait here, Madam. I’ll fit you in between the appointments. In the mean while, please fill in this form. Is the child’s knee painful bleeding ?
Mrs.Verma No. The bleeding has stopped.

24 hour Clinic Receptionist: Please wait in the waiting room and I’ll

Call you the moment the doctor is free. 
Mrs.Verma: and Vikram join the group of people sitting in the waiting room.Dr.Raman comes to the door. 
Dr.Raman : Mrs.Verma? 
Mrs.Verma Yes. That’s me. Good morning,

Dr. Raman: I understand your son has had a fall and has knee ligament injury. Come along young man. I’ll have a look at your knee.. 
An elderly woman gets up and hurries forward towards the doctor. 
Elderly woman: Oh Dr.Raman, you can’t see him first. It is my turn. I’ve made medical appointment. 



Dr.Raman: Hello, Mrs.Sonia , I know it is your turn, but this child needs immediate attention.He needs knee treatment. I’ll see you right after child’s knee wound dressing.
Dr.Raman: It won’t be long, Mrs.Sonu. Please excuse me for a few minutes. Mrs, Verma, please bring your son into the treatment rooms
All three of them go into the treatment rooms of 24 hour Doctors clinic. 
Dr.Raman: (Examining the wounds). This is a nasty wound. You have knee swelling. Do you have pain behind kneeYou have Knee ligament Injury which causes knee pain
Cut, but not too serious. There is nothing to worry about.I will start Knee Treatment. I’ll clean it, put some tincture iodine on it and do bandage dressing lightly. Vikram Oh! That hurts.
Dr.Raman: You are a young child. I’ll give you an Tetanus injections to ward off any infection. There you are. That is a good boy.
Mrs.Verma:Will he be all right doctor? Aren’t you going to give any prescription medicines?
Dr.Raman: There is no need for any prescription medicines. He’ll, be all right. The knee will be all right. The knee will be a bit stiff for a few days. In case gets fever or the pain is too severe, give him one of these tablets?
Mrs.Verma: After how many hours do I give him one of these tablets?
Dr.Raman: Don’t give him a tablets unless he feels very uncomfortable with pain. Give the tablet, if he gets fever. Then come and see me again at 24 hour Doctors clinicin the morning. These tablets are only a precaution.
Mrs.Verma: Do you think he’ll get fever, doctor?
Dr.Raman:No. Don’t worry. I think he’ll be all right. But in case he does get a temperature, then come back to me again. Well, young man, be careful the next time you get off a bus.




Goodknowledge and satisfactory conversation drill is important in English speaking. These tutorials would not only prove an asset to the reader speak English fluently in his daily life, but also on special occasions like interviews for jobs, etc. He would be able to face the interviewers with equanimity and confidence.

No comments: