Thursday, May 27, 2010

English Conversations - Product Office


English Conversations - Product Office



A scene in product office. Ranjan works in the marketing departments of Product Office . He has the Office Keys. His colleagues in the Product Office are Prema and Niren sen. Mr. Prasad and Mr.Kuldip singh are duties assistant. Mr.Chatterji is the senior marketing manager. Ranjan is the office manager of Product Office.
Ranjan: (Entering the office) Good morning Prema and a fine morning to you Niren.
Prema : Hello Ranjan. How are you to-day?
Niren : Good morning. Did you finish the market survey of electric goods dealers yesterday?
Ranjan: Yes.I interviewed for survey question ,ten no. twelve electric goods dealers in the chandni chowk area, to find out the comparative sales reports of various of marketing brands of electric bulbs. How about you? Did you finish covering the south Delhi market
Niren: Yes. I’ve got all the survey questionnaires filled out.
Prema: Then perhaps both of you can give me your survey reports, so that I can compile Product report on your findings.
Ranjan : I have to have my Product report typed.
(Ringing the telephone-is that Mr.kuldip singh?
Mr.Prasad:  No, Mr.Verma. This is Prasad, Good morning Sir.
Ranjan: Where is Mr.Kuldip singh?
Mr.Prasad: He hasn’t come in yet, Sir. Can I do anything for You, Mr.Verma?
Ranjan :No. But please tell Mr.Kuldip singh to see me as soon as he comes in, Right?
Mr.Prasad: Yes. Mr.Verma (Ranjan rings off).

Product Office


Prema : Is Kuldip singh late to Product Office?
Ranjan :It isn’t like him to be late. He used to be one of our most conscientious workers but he seems to be taking it easy now-a-days.
Prema:  Well. I hope he isn’t ill or anything like that. There is loads of work to be done to-day. Mr.Chatterji has called all three of us for a staff meeting of Product office at 4o’clock this afternoon to discuss this market survey report.
Ranjan:  I think I’ll have to tighten up the office discipline among the staff.
The door opens. Mr. Kuldip Singh enters in with some office papers in his hand.
Kuldip Singh:  I ‘m terribly sorry. I’am late for the staff meeting ,Sir. I do apologize.
Ranjan What happened to you, Mr.Kuldip Singh?
You’ve been late to work thrice this week.
Kuldip Singh:  I missed my bus Sir.
Prema:  you have a lot of work about customer service satisfaction survey to do today.

Product Office Staff Meeting

Niren :  Have, you typed out the letters about survey Report, I gave you yesterday?
Kuldip Singh:  Yes, Mr.Niren, here are the papers of staff meeting agenda also..
Niren : Thank you (reading the typed letters about survey report). Who typed these letter?
Kuldip singh:  Mr. Prasad did. Aren’t they done properly?
Niren:  Please send Mr.Prasad to me when you go back to companies office.
Mr.Prasad : enters the Product Office.
Mr.Prasad : You sent for me Sir?
Niren:  About these letters that you typed yesterday, the typing is all right but I’d appreciate if you would use a Webster dictionary to check on the correct spellings of words.
Mr.Prasad:  I’m sorry Sir. I’ll use online dictionary to recheck the spellings and retype the letters on office computer.
Niren:  I’ve corrected the spellings, this time. But do be careful in future, will you Mr. Prasad?
Mr. Prasad : Yes Sir, I’ll be careful.

office computer.

Mr.Prasad leaves the Product Office room.
Prema :   Duties assistant has to have a particular skill in getting work done in Product Office these days.
Ranjan:  The secret is to be polite yet firm with the duties assistant Unfortunately if one is too friendly with the staff they tend to take it as a sign of weakness.
Prema :  Oh, but there is no call to be pity with the   duties assistant.
Niren:  There is no cause to act superior if the  duties assistant  do their work conscientiously. Nevertheless some authority has to be maintained. Though one does not have to be a slave driver nor need one wreck the nerves of the staff members with scoldings.





Good knowledge and satisfactory conversation drill is important in English speaking. These tutorials would not only prove an asset to the reader speak English fluently in his daily life, but also on special occasions like interviews for jobs, etc. He would be able to face the interviewers with equanimity and confidence.

No comments: