Thursday, May 27, 2010

English conversations - Taxi Travel


This tutorial English conversations - Taxi travel  has been prepared from my well known book English conversations for all occasions, which I wrote for  Students to learn English speaking

English conversations -
Taxi travel
Ranjan has to travel to Calcutta on business . No  direct bus to airport is available. He has to take a taxi to Jet Airways Office in the city. Jet Airways have arrangement of transfers to airport . They have Airport cars and airport Buses..
Mrs.Verma: How long will you be away. Ranjan? How will you travel to Calcutta.
Ranjan: (packing his suitcase) I expect to be away for three days, mama. I am going to travel by Jet Airways flight.
Mrs.Verma: Is that only luggage you are taking with you? Only one suitcase?
Ranjan: Yes. I am only allowed 20 kg. For baggage on my air ticket. And I am carrying one brief case with the official papers

Taxis to Airport


Mrs. Verma :What about your bedding during the stay at Calcutta?
Rajan: I can’t carry a bed roll by air. Moreover, I’ll be staying at Mona Sita hotel. The bedding and bathroom linen are provided by the Mona Sita hotel.
Mrs.Verma: How are you going to travel to airport?
Ranjan: In a taxi. Mamma, could you please telephone for an taxi to Jet Airways city office for me.
Mrs.Verma: You finish your packing and I’ll ring for a cab. The taxi to City arrives and Ranjan goes out. Bachoo is carrying his office bag, and suitcase and Ranjan is Holding his briefcase.
Ranjan Taxi, taxi. Did you come from the taxi stand



                                                                                  Hotel and Restaurant
Taxi Driver: Yes Sir, somebody called from your house for a taxi ..
Ranjan: Yes, that must be for me. Open the luggage boot and put the suitcase in, please.
Taxi Driver (After storing the baggage). Where to, sir?
Rajan (Getting into the taxi). To the Jet Airways Office please.
Good bye mamma. Don’t worry about me. I’ll b fine.
Give my love to Papa, Viki and Reena. Bye-bye.
Taxi Driver : Should I drive directly to the City, Sir ?

airport departures

Ranjan Yes please. How is it that you Speak Fluent English?
Taxi Driver Oh that! I am a graduate. Sir I couldn’t find a job. So, I took a car loan from a bank, bought a car and am plying it as a yellow taxi.
Ranjan How does it work out as taxi? I mean how do you like the job of a taxi driver and do you earn enough?
Taxi Driver job of a taxi driver is a lot of hard work. I find that to be successful at any business. One must run it oneself. I am able to earn enough.
Ranjan I say, there is only one hour left for my flight to take off. I will have to take Airport Shuttle Jet Airways have arrangement for transfers to airport. Do you think we’ll reach the city airport in time?
Taxi Driver I think so. Sir. It will take us another fifteen minutes to reach the city Office.

 Airport Terminal

Ranjan But please do not drive fast.
Taxi Driver Don’t worry. Once we get out of the connaught place rush, there is not much traffic on the outer route and we will make good time.
Ranjan How long have you been driving the taxi?
Taxi Driver It is now over a year sir, since I bought my taxi, Do you travel often?
Ranjan This is my first trip by air. I believe that one ought to get to the flight terminal at least one hour before take-off of flight . Do you think we’ll be late?
Taxi Driver Don’t worry sir, you’ll get there forty-five minutes ahead of time and that is sufficient time for you to check-in

airport terminal

Ranjan : We are nearing the Jet airways Office now, aren’t we?
Taxi Driver:  Yes, sir. Here we are.  Shuttles to airport are ready    You want to go to  Domestic airport or the International terminal?
Ranjan To Domestic Airport , please. Thank you. How much is Taxi fare?
Taxi Driver The meter reads seventy rupees and sixty paise sir.
Ranjan Here is Hundred rupees. Please take seventy rupees and sixty paise and return the change to me. Thank you
Taxi Driver (Driving off). Have a good trip sir.
Ranjan Thank you very much.

 Good knowledge and satisfactory conversation drill is important in English speaking. These tutorials would not only prove an asset to the reader speak English fluently in his daily life, but also on special occasions like interviews for jobs, etc. He would be able to face the interviewers with equanimity and confidence.

No comments: